Detailed plans will be provided to surfers in advance of each event. Please note that best practices and governmental guidelines are continuing to evolve, and we will continue to monitor, and adapt our plans as appropriate. As of today, there are some key changes that you should be aware of:
- Will WSL provide water/bring your own water bottles? Contact-free water fountains are to be provided - bring your bottle.
- Food/amenities? Individually packed catering will be provided - no buffet-style catering.
- Athlete areas available/socially distanced? Access to athlete areas generally 2hrs before and after your heats.
- Athlete guests allowed or limited? 1 coach and 1 guest at CT events, 1 person only to accompany an athlete at other events; no filmmaker/photographer allocation at any events until further notice
- Will Athletes have to show credentials? All personnel, including athletes and athlete team personnel, will be required to wear their credential at all times while onsite, excluding athletes on their way to or from heats
- Do we have to wear masks in athlete areas? Etc. Surfers may be required to wear facemasks at the event site other than on their way to or from a heat, in the warm-up area and the locker room.